Sunday, October 24, 2010

Presentation and Web 2.0 Project- NYK Logistics

This presentation gave me some difficulties! I had a hard time with the sound and uploading the video onto a site that would support the sound as well as the slides. But after much time searching the internet for answers, I finally found some! I had to use Camtasia to record my video from the computer screen. Unfortunately, there is a slight echo through the presentation but I worked with what I had! Take a look at the video and see what you think!



Project link: NYK Logistics

When reviewing the presentation critique, I believe I did very well. The NYK presentation has a logical flow and sequence of content. There were many facts as well as a helpful video to help someone decide if NYK Logistics was a good transportation company for them. I do think this presentation may only grab certain peoples attention. For example, a business owner who ships product on a regular basis will be more drown to the video instead of a younger waitress. I believe the facts were presented well without clutter. The video is easy to follow. I found it hard to critique someone else's video because I know they worked on it just as hard as I did. They may have had some technological glitches along the way as well!

When creating the presentation, I checked to ensure none of the copyright laws were being violated. I found Freedigitalphotos.net to be very helpful. They have numerous business related photos that I am able to use free of charge. I also found it very helpful to create a storyboard before I began working on my presentation to avoid getting off track. It was simple, but offered guidelines so I knew what I was looking for. 

I felt it was important at the end of the video to close with a personal touch. That is why I chose to video tape myself with the closing statements. I plan to use this in the future and found it very helpful. Even though it was frustrating at times, within the logistics field, we are always looking for new ways to promote our services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment